Navigating Receiver for iOS
There are two usage modes available within the iOS version of Receiver. They are:
- Touch-enabled Mode
- Traditional Mode
By default, iOS Receiver launches in Touch-enabled Mode. To toggle between the two modes use the iOS Mode button in the upper right corner of the desktop.
The touch-enabled version of iOS Receiver takes your regular Epic-Cloud WorkSpace and creates a touch-optimized version of the desktop. That means that native Windows applications should look and feel more like native iOS applications.
The 3 unique areas of the Touch-Enabled Mode are:
- Start Menu
- Task Bar
1. Start Menu
Clicking on the Start menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen presents a fairly familiar means of accessing resources on your desktop.
- You can access documents, pictures and programs through the appropriate menu options.
- By clicking on "My Computer" you can browse your local drives as well as any mapped network drives.
- By clicking on "Disconnect" you can safely disconnect from your WorkSpace session.
Disconnect merely severs your connection to the WorkSpace server, it does not log you out of your WorkSpace desktop.
For more information about how to Log Off from your desktop, check out this article.
Clicking on the Desktop button in the lower left corner of the screen takes you back to your Windows desktop. Click it again to return to your last application.
3. Task Bar
Your open applications will appear in the task bar at the bottom of the screen. You can switch between them by simply touching their icon.
Traditional mode is accessed by clicking on the iOS Mode button in the upper right corner of the desktop.
In Traditional mode, your WorkSpace is still supports touch, but you will see the same version to the desktop that you access through the browser or desktop versions of Receiver.
To return to the Touch-enabled version of the desktop, simply click on the iOS Mode button again.
The Toolbar can be toggled open or closed at the top of the screen by clicking on the little black tab with the white triangle.
The available options are:
- Home - Returns to the main Receiver screen (outside of WorkSpace). To return to WorkSpace, simply click on the WorkSpace icon.
- Pair - Allows you to pair Bluetooth devices (e.g. external keyboards, external mice, headsets, etc.) with your WorkSpace desktop.
- Arrow Keys - Provides an on-screen set of arrow keys for use within an application.
- Keyboard - Provides a Windows-compatible on-screen keyboard for use within an application.
- Pointer - Provides a visible on-screen pointer that can be moved around by touching the screen. It can be used as just a pointer or as a mouse by tapping on the screen.
- Magnifier - Enlarges the section of screen surrounding the pointer to make it easier to read.
- Mouse - Provides an on-screen pointer and mouse that supports both left and right click situations.
- Switch - Allows you to move between multiple Receiver applications (e.g. multiple WorkSpace desktops or applications published natively in Receiver).